Most eCommerce sites fail because of a lack of research on the potential companies' part in a successful eCommerce website's key features. Frequently, business stakeholders will devote inadequate budget and time to planning, development, and implementation. The result is a site that barely satisfies the owner and, worse, doesn't serve the customer.
- Poor navigation implementation makes customers work too hard to find what they need.
- Unclear or absent calls to action confuse customers on what to do next and don't push them down the conversion funnel.
- Lack of and unreliable content leaves site visitors frustrated and adversely affects SEO.
- Poorly implement SEO, resulting in a site that doesn't rank in search engine results.
- Failure to set high priority to how much visuals and quality product images matter to draw a potential customer into the content or purchase products.
- No focus on quality product images
- Technical issues that cause slow loading speed and 404 errors.